CYNDY D. MORIN – Founder of Resolve Legal Group, Family Lawyer, Mediator, Arbitrator, Litigator
RESOLVE LEGAL GROUP – Mediators, Arbitrators and Litigators in the areas of Family Law, Regional Family Law, Wills & Estates, Real Estate and Corporate Law.
2 Full Service Firm Locations:
Cochrane, Alberta: 204F 105 1st St. West Cochrane, AB T4C 1B2
Calgary, Alberta: 440, 318 – 11 Avenue SE
Central Intake: 1-866-RESOLVE (737-6583) or 403-229-2365
RESOLVE LEGAL GROUP, is a multi-award winning firm practicing International and Regional Family Law, Wills and Estates, Real Estate, and Immigration. Resolve’s team boasts more than 140 years of combined experience, and provides legal strategies from a unique, client-centred, multidisciplinary approach. In addition to addressing a client’s legal concerns, the firm connects families with different community and financial supports, to further assist clients during difficult life transitions through innovative low-or-no cost programs developed in direct response to client feedback.
Examples of these programs include:
- “Client Support Coordination” – Resolve Legal Group’s Client Support Coordinator connects clients with the supports they need to help them through one of the most difficult times in their lives. The firm’s philosophy is that with the right supports clients become empowered to make sound legal decisions. The Client Support Coordinator also acts as an independent client ombudsman to whom clients can anonymously raise any concerns they might have about the lawyer without worrying that someone is going to end up “spitting in their soup.” The Client Support Coordinator then provides coaching to our lawyers and team members to ensure that everyone on the team is delivering quality legal services and effectively meeting the needs of our clients. During their initial visit, each client receives a brochure which clearly outlines what the client can expect from our team members during their legal matter. The brochure outlines the internal standards set by the firm which all team members must adhere to when looking after your legal matter. A written commitment is provided to all clients so they can rest assured they will receive high standard of legal and support services from the firm. The Client Support Coordinator also contacts clients regularly to ensure clients are receiving the support that they need and deserve throughout their legal matters. There is no cost for any assistance provided by the Client Support Coordinator.
- “Step Forward Program” – provides Resolve Legal Group clients and their immediate family members (including the opposing party) with exclusive discounts on products and services from reputable companies in order to help make ends meet during times of transition due to separation, divorce, relocation or the loss of a loved one. Currently there are over 120 participating companies involved in this program which includes everything from restaurants, hair salons, car dealerships, other professional services, financial services, leisure programs, programs for children, and much more. Our preferred program partners and the discounts they offer can be found at www.resolvelegalgroup.com under “Programs.” Companies are also organized by location – be sure to check out which companies in Cochrane support our local Cochranite families! We are very careful with who we cobrand and not all companies meet the standards for this program. We only accept companies that we have personally vetted and we always support. We are also careful to not saturate the market so that a certain level of exclusivity is maintained. If you own a local business or know a business that you feel might be a good fit with our program, please contact Clientsupport@resolvelegalgroup.com .
- Kids in Mind: – Anyone who has attended Court over custody matters knows it is usually a slow and expensive process which does not always provide the best outcome. The Kids in Mind program provides a streamlined, cost effective, healthier alternative to Court. Custody and access issues are dealt with in a mediated process involving both a professional mediator/arbitrator along with the immediate consultation of a child specialist professional to ensure agreements and/or legal orders are created with the best interests of the Kids in Mind. Currently retired Provincial Family Court Judge, the Honourable Nancy Flatters Q.C. runs our pro bono Kids in Mind Study for qualifying low-income families as part of a study Resolve created with the Calgary Counselling Centre. Our Fee for Service Program is managed by senior counsel Deborah Prowse, Q.C., in Calgary and Cochrane; and Leanne Young Q.C. in Edmonton and Calgary with RESOLVE ADR. Deborah was one of the first practitioners to bring mediation to Alberta more than 30 years ago. Leanne has almost 20 years of mediation/arbitration experience including presiding over Residential School Reconciliations and Claims.
- “Your Family Matters” radio show – This program provides insight and information on real and local family law issues with access to legal and professional information that clients can use to gain insight on issues concerning families in conflict. This show can be found at www.tlrstation.com
- In-house Tax Counsel – Through Resolve’s Integrated Law partnership with Jonathan Garbutt of Moody’s Tax Law, we can assist and advise cost effectively “in house” on Family and Estate matters that have high net worth and potential tax implications.
For an exhaustive list of other unique programs and services or to find out more about the exemplary standard of service from the firm’s experienced lawyers, mediators, arbitrators, and litigators please refer to www.resolvelegalgroup.com.
Did you know: 5% of all net profits derived from Resolve Legal Group’s Cochrane Office are donated to BIG HILL HAVEN, Cochrane’s local Emergency Shelter and Outreach Services? Help us support the local Cochrane Community while we support you through our services at RESOLVE LEGAL GROUP – COCHRANE (insert Big Hill Haven Logo here).
If you know someone who is in need of Community Outreach Support, Contact Patti Fisher, Outreach Worker with Big Hill Haven at (403)-796-6564 or email BigHillOutreach@shaw.ca https://www.bighillhaven.ca
Resolve Legal Group’s Client Support Coordinator connects clients with the supports they need to help them through one of the most difficult times in their lives.